1. Today is the last Sunday the boxes will be open for your donations to the Servant Fund. Along with that, Harvest Call has produced a booklet which includes a photo and contact information of each missionary serving in the field. The intent of these booklets is to facilitate prayer and relational support for our missionaries. A sample booklet and sign-up sheet is on the table in the fellowship area for those who are interested in receiving one. Please contact Bro. Rod or Sis. Cathy Stahl with any questions.
2. The Family Hymn Sing is this evening at the FH at 6:30.
3. Midwest Food Bank Load Out day is this Wednesday. A sign-up sheet is on the bulletin board. Also, The Peoria/Morton Midwest Food Bank Benefit Dinner and Auction is scheduled for Saturday, September 30th. Information is on the men’s bulletin board.
4. We will begin listening to the Conference recordings this Wednesday evening. Converts are welcome to come.
5. Harvest Call Family Night is this coming Friday, August 18th. It will be held at the Goodfield Distribution Center at 7:00 pm. All ages are encouraged to come.
6. Sunday School will resume next Sunday, August 20th.
Saturday Evening Announcement:
With the availability of technology at our fingertips 24/7, the temptations are there to look at or become involved in things that are not wholesome and pure. An example of this is pornography, but there are other areas, too.
To try to help us with this, our Princeville Church is in the process of doing two things. One is we have had a Brother and Sister from our congregation attend a training session put on by ACCFS. They are trained to work with individuals who are struggling in these areas that Bro. Craig would refer to them.
The second thing we are going to do is to have an ACCFS presentation on “Safe Technology Use for the Family” sometime at the beginning of next year. We will inform you when a date is decided.
College Student Invitations/Fundraiser
1. ICC/Bradley Young Group is having a fundraiser at the Morton Culvers (121 E. Courtland) on Tuesday, August 15th from 5 to 8pm. This will benefit their Free Bible Now program which provides Bibles to be given out on college campuses.
2. ISU/Heartland Community College/Illinois Wesleyan students and families are invited to a welcome dinner on Sunday, August 20th at 4pm at the Bloomington Church. Families are invited to worship at Bloomington for the day, also.
3. U of I/Parkland Welcome Day on Sunday, August 27th -- please see attachment.
Posted on Sun, August 13, 2017
by Austin Knobloch